GR&I = Grand Rapids and Indiana
![]() |
| Durand Union Station-Michigan Railroad History Museum posted Today’s featured depot is the GR&I station in Pellston 🚂 Pellston, located in Emmet County, was settled about 1872 and would later receive the designation of “town” in 1907. A station was established here after the Grand Rapids & Indiana railroad (GR&I) came through. Pellston was a junction for the GR&I’s Bogardus Branch - a historical logging railroad line that ran northwest from Pellston to the mill settlement of Bogardus/Ely. Fortunately, the depot survives, and is now home to the Pellston Historical Society and Museum. It is located at 123 North Stimpson street. Sources listed in the comments. Photo from Michigan Railroads website. Durand Union Station-Michigan Railroad History Museum: Source: "Station: Pellston, MI". Michigan Railroads. http://www.michiganrailroads.com/.../88.../754-pellston-mi. Accessed 06 August 2026. Photo: Pellston depot with downtown in the background, photo. Michigan Railroads [CMU Library]. http://www.michiganrailroads.com/.../88.../754-pellston-mi. Accessed 06 August 2026. [Please access the "posted" link to access the source links.] |
Street side:
![]() |
| Street View, Oct 2024 |
Track side:
![]() |
| Street View, Sep 2024 |
![]() |
| Brian Coblentz posted My grandfather photographed the former Pennsylvania Railroad station in Pellston, Michigan on July 10, 1978. The station originally was built by the Grand Rapids & Indiana Railroad. Jack Koehler photo |
![]() |
| I.e. Xam commented on Brian's photo Here is the depot in 2024. |
There is a lot of open space in the middle of town because the GR&I had a small railyard here.
![]() |
| 1958/59 Pellston Quad @ 62,500 |






No comments:
Post a Comment