Friday, July 15, 2022

Moberly, MO: Museum/Wabash Depot & Caboose and Lost Stamper Feed Mill

Depot: (Satellite)
Caboose: (Satellite)
Feed Mill: (Satellite, it was torn down in 2026.)

This town still has a large railyard.  

Bill Molony shared
John Head: Division headquarters 2 divisions back years ago !!!
 
Raymond Storey posted
MOBERLY MO
Colin Harding: According to my 1940 Official Guide Moberly had two stations...one for MKT & the other for the Wabash. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say MKT.
Chuck Boehm: Colin Harding This is the Wabash Depot and Division Headquarters.

Thomas Baumann posted four photos with the comment: "Moberly Mo Depot Park 7-13-22"
Dennis DeBruler shared
1

2

3

4

Dennis DeBruler commented on his share
The caboose is positioned to be very visible from one of the main roads in town.
 https://www.google.com/.../data=!3m6!1e1!3m4...

The museum also has a passenger car.
Street View

Note the caboose in the right background. I think this building was an auxhillary building south of the main depot. That would explain why it doesn't have the architecture of a depot.
Street View

This topo map shows that the depot was across from Reed Street.
Dennis DeBruler

F.M. Stamper Feed Mill


Across the track from the depot and caboose was a feed mill.
Street View, Apr 2026

I saved a satellite image since it is being torn down in 2026.
Satellite

Kim Eagan posted, I didn't watch the whole thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment