Depot: (
Satellite, 230 photos)
Cement: (
Satellite, I dropped the pin on one of the kilns.)
Quarry: (
Satellite)
Since the historical society has an old house for their museum, this building is used as an event space. [
chxhistory]
Durand Union Station-Michigan Railroad History Museum
posted two photos with the comment:
This Friday's featured depot is the Pere Marquette depot in Charlevoix.
This depot opened in July 1892. Charlevoix was a stop on the line that ran between Grand Rapids and Petoskey. The depot is now owned by and houses the Charlevoix Historical Society, and it is also an event rental space.
 |
| 2 |
 |
MichiganRailroads [In addition to four photos of the depot, this webpage had a photo of a swing bridge. I presume that bridge was the one that was a little south of the depot.] |
Dave Frey
posted three photos with the comment: "My wife and I were in Charlevoix, Michigan last weekend and I saw a painting of the Charlevoix Train Station on the wall of this little local Mom and Pop Breakfast restaurant. I asked if that station was still around and the waitress said "I think that is at Depot Beach". So I looked it up on my cars navigation and sure it enough that was where it was. Read the story I provided on the history board."
 |
1
Greg Neal: I love the track mark up in the pavement in front of the station. |
 |
| 2 |
 |
| 3 |
 |
Don Harrison commented on Tim's share UNM Archive Description: NW Charlevoix MI PMRR Pere Marquette Railroad and Chicago & West Michigan Railroad DEPOT and Water Tower built 1892 Photographer Unk |
 |
| 1954 Charlevois and 1958 Bayshore Quads @ 24,000 |
St. Mary's Cement Plant
Charlevoix Photography Club
posted five photos and a video with the comment: "St Mary's Cement is a busy place these days... it's unusual to have 3 barges lined up to load this morning! Images and video by John Doskoch."
David White: When was it renamed?
Nathan Klooster: David White 2005
Connor Siemers
shared with the comment: "This is where the St. Marys Cement boats load Cement in Charlevoix, Michigan to then transit their loads to unload in many terminal ports such as Green Bay, Manitowoc, and Milwaukee! Also, this the whole fleet with
Commander/Caroline Mckee,
St. Marys Conquest/Bradshaw Mckee and
St. Marys Challenger/Prentiss Brown." [I recognize
St. Marys Challenger as a barge name so the convention must be barge name then tug name.]
 |
| 1 |
 |
| 2 |
 |
| 3 |
 |
| 4 |
 |
| 5 |
No comments:
Post a Comment