Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Peoria, IL: BJ (Bridge Junction) Tower: IAIS/Rock Island vs. TZPR+TP&W/PP&U

TZPR = Tazewell and Peoria Railroad
TP&W = Toledo, Peoria & Western
PP&U = Peoria and Pekin Union
3D Satellite

Steve Drassler posted
BJ (Bridge Junction) Tower and views upstream and downstream of the Illinois River in Peoria, Illinois. The Rock Island crossed the Peoria and Pekin Union (PPU--ol' stinky) here. Now The Rock is an ADM industrial lead and the PPU is the Tazewell and Peoria Railroad. Taken about 2001
Dean Cunningham Reminds a bit of my old day's with the Peoria & Pekin Railroad. The Strauss Bascule Span was our bridge before this lift span over the Illinois River. The major owner of the P&PU at that time was the Illinois Central. Our President was Gideon Willingham from the I.C. My boss Ora Carrol the Chief Engineer and I his Assistant Engineer where both are from the AT&SF Railway Company. I started in 1959. Worked there for 10 years and enjoyed it. I assume it is still a small switching railroad terminal?. Railroad? I believe the next Chief Engineer was named Rada? After the TP&W Illinois River Bridge was destroyed by a river barge they started using this bridge. Thanks for sharing Steve.
David Jordan Looks like this was taken just before the north track was severed on either end of the bridge.
Rick Barnes It is a total different track arrangment now only one main now I lived there many time and train watch that spot of years.
[bridge]


No comments:

Post a Comment