Monday, July 27, 2020

Ashtabula, OH: Pennsy roundhouse still stands

(Satellite)

Josh Guerney posted two photos with the comment: "The abandoned PRR Ashtabula roundhouse."
Dennis DeBruler I didn't even know PRR had a branch up to Ashtabula. I see Conrail was the one that abandoned the branch. https://www.google.com/.../@41.8743858,-80.../data=!3m1!1e3

[I'm sorry that the links in the above text are garbage. Google is threatening us with a new version of blog authoring software that is far worse than the existing version. One of the joys of the new version, which they are still claiming is an improvement, is that, when you copy text onto a clipboard, it replaces the link in every URL with garbage. I reported this corruption of user data weeks ago. In fact, more than once. But, like all other feedback, it seems to have gone into a bit bucket. I now try to go back to the old version before I copy text, but I forgot in this instance.]

1

2

Street View
Bob Mcgilvray Jr. posted three photos with the comment: "Ashtabula, Ohio - Pennsylvania Railroad roundhouse - January 2020 - 41.874380, -80.798523"
[These notes seem to be jinxed. In this case, I forgot to copy the "posted" link.]
1

2

3


Dennis DeBruler commented on Bob's post
Thanks for specifying that it was Pennsy. I had to check a topo map to see how Pennsy threaded itself through NYC territory.
1969 North & South Ashtabula Quadrangles @ 1:24,000

Dennis DeBruler commented on Bob's post
 I see on a satellite image that the roundhouses of Pennsy and NYC were within about a couple blocks of each other.
https://www.google.com/.../@41.8717719,-80.../data=!3m1!1e3

No comments:

Post a Comment