Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Cedar Rapids, IA: Rock Island Depot and Quaker Oats Plant

Depot: (Satellite)
Quaker Oats: (3D Satellite)

Street View

Roger Kujawa posted five photos with the comment: "The Rock Island’s Cedar Rapids, Iowa depot is now a Roofing contractor and very well kept. I believe track is now owned by the Union Pacific. 2021"
Robert Chitwood: It was built in 1961 when they demolished Union Station. After Amtrak started it became the yard office.
1,cropped

2

3

4, cropped

5

When I saw some grain silos in the background of some of Roger's photos, I investigated. They are part of a huge Quaker Oats plant. And Cargill has a plant nearby.
3D Satellite

I wonder how many different additions are in this plant.
Blaine Clayton, Apr 2021

I wondered why Google had a Pepsico label on the map. I guess they are the current owners of Quaker.
Premier Iowa Tree Surgeon, Mar 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment