Thursday, May 12, 2016

Kinmundy, IL: IC 1885 Water Tower

(Google photoSatellite, Street View)

There was enough late Winter sun left to catch a decent shot if I walked to the southwest side of the tower.
20171230 9418

I zoomed out for an overview of the original and replacement towers.
This is the view you have from where you can park north of the tower. Even though it was rather chilly and I did not have my heavy winter coat, I walked to the other side of the tower because I knew that with the setting sun there should be decent light on the other side of the tower.

They left the old IC dam when they built the newer dam downstream.

Sean Gammon posted seven photos.

The other preserved IC cypress water tower in Illinois is in Centrallia, IL.
Bob Green commented on a posting
Here’s a picture of it when it used to freeze.
Bob commented on another post

No comments:

Post a Comment