Friday, December 22, 2023

Panora, IA: Museum/Milwaukee Depot

Original location: (Satellite)
Current location: (Satellite)

Dennis DeBruler commented on his share below
https://maps.app.goo.gl/XJDYpHjPePGjgsV4A

Eric Bramhall posted two photos with the comment: "New member here. A couple of months ago I completed my project to photograph most of the surviving depots in Iowa. I will start sharing my collection of Milwaukee Road depots here as I have quite few. I’ll start with the former Panora depot located at the Guthrie County Historical Village & Museum."
1

2
Dennis DeBruler share
At a museum in Panora, IA.

1952 Panora Quad @ 62,500

The topo didn't help identify the original location, so I got an aerial photo.
Dennis DeBruler commented on Eric's post
Normally, a depot paralleled the tracks. But in this case it looks like it paralleled 4th Street; and 211 4th St, https://maps.app.goo.gl/QLcHTGcbtf9pgmVL7, now occupies the depot's original location. You can tell from the shadow that the building in the southwest quadrant of Clay Street and the tracks was a grain elevator. 1953 aerial photo [AR1WY0000020034]

The old wood elevator and the many small bins in the 1952 aerial have been replaced by a few large bins.
Street View, Sep 2021

And the bin in the left background of the above photo showed me that there is another elevator facility a little further north. It looks like they handle fertilizer supplies as well.
Street View, Sep 2021



No comments:

Post a Comment