Sunday, January 25, 2015

Gilman, IL Revisited; Wide Load

When I drove home Jan 19, 2015, I planned to stop in Gilman, IL, to get pictures from the east side of the coaling tower that is still north of the town. An oversize load that was stopping for some gas is worthy of its own post.

20150119 0156c


I didn't get pictures of the coaling tower because when I got to the north edge of town, the pavement ended. Since I was driving our van, I decided the pictures could wait until I'm driving the 4-wheel drive. I did get some pictures of a couple of signalling work crews having a meeting the whole time I was in town. CN is evidently still installing the new equipment for Positive Train Control that all of the railroads have been working on the past year or so.




I also got a couple more pictures of the co-op grain elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment