Friday, December 8, 2017

LaGrange, IN: 1907-15 Aerial View

(Satellite)

You can use the courthouse square to orient yourself. US-20 is below the bottom of the picture. My interest in this photo is that it shows the Grand Rapids & Indiana (GR&I) going through the east side of town.
Rural American History Captured posted
Sky view of the Town of LaGrange, circa 1907-1915. Look closely, you can see Corn School on Detroit Street!
Update:
Rural American History Captured posted
G. R. & I Railroad Depot. Lagrange, IN 
Aprox. 1909
Debra Gould Collection

Street View
These power lines would be built on the old GR&I right-of-way. Based on the aerial photo (red rectangle below) and Walnut Street, I believe it was north of Spring Street and west of the power lines.
Above aerial photo plus paint


No comments:

Post a Comment