Friday, August 14, 2026

Fairdale, IL: Lost/Milwaukee Depot

(Satellite, based on the aerial photo below.)

Andy Zukowski posted
Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railway Depot in Fairdale, Illinois. 1909
Pete Zimmermann: If that's the one I'm thinking about that entire town doesn't even exist anymore basically with wiped out by a tornadoes some years back.
Fred Hilgenberg: Pete Zimmermann April 9, 2015 the tornado went from Rochelle to Fairdale. For a while you could see the marks of the storm path in the fields between the towns on Google Maps satellite views. Way back in the early 90's I was interested in buying up the old church there and making it into a home. It was still standing, but so damaged I here they tore it down.

Dennis DeBruler commented on Pete's comment
There is a lot of grass in that town. This is on Main Street, https://maps.app.goo.gl/SbHaMq26ynuuS6V18.

1939 Aerial Photo from ILHAP

No comments:

Post a Comment