Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Glyn Ellyn's War Memorials

 When I was walking back to my car by the Glenbard West High School after checking out Glyn Ellyn's downtown, a plaque on the ground caught my attention. I looked around some more and found some war memorials. In the following picture, note the stone on the right with a plaque, the dark maple tree in the middle, and the four lighter maples on the left.

20140818 0750

The plaque on the stone is:


Each of the trees have a plaque in the ground in front of them.


The plaque for the dark (red?) maple is:


And the plaques in front of the four lighter maples are below. I tried to clear the bark and grass off of each, but I see I missed a few blades.















































And in a view from the Glenbard West HS towards downtown, you can see the Vietnam War Memorial Trees just beyond the turn of the sidewalk.


No comments:

Post a Comment