Sunday, April 23, 2017

Almont, MI: PM Depot and Water Tower

Bob Thomas posted two photos with the comment: "Here are two photos of the Pere Marquette depot from my Almont Library visit on Friday"

1
[Note the date of 1-22-1909 on the photo. Of course it is the water tower that caught my eye.]
2
The sign on the building on the left says "Oliver Chilled Plows." That is the first time I have seen an Oliver dealer.

Pere Marquette came to this town from the east. It was the terminus of a branch from Port Huron. The branch was abandoned by PM.

Update: Bob Thomas posted four photos with the comment:
A few more pictures of the Pere Marquette train in Almont... I have more from Almont on the Interurban, but will probably post the Pere Marquette in Lambs (Lambs, Michigan role on the Pere Marquette has been most challenging, but fullfilling. I live just a short 10 minutes away from this town, which shows no evidence today of it's once thriving life.) , Allenton & Berville first. I haven't added them to my https://www.facebook.com/StClairCountyMichiganThenAndNow/posts/1805671632780150?notif_t=like&notif_id=1492001765176696 courtesy Almont District Library
1

2

3

4

No comments:

Post a Comment