Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Poseyville: John Deere Dealer

While driving North through Poseyville, I passed a storage unit lot. It also had John Deere equipment so I stopped for some overview pictures.




Of particular interest was the two tracked tractors and the fertilizer applicator.















I took a picture of the rear of the tracked tractor because I noticed the electrical connections on top of the 5 hydraulic circuit connections. I had read in a brochure about the implements "remembering" their settings such as drill depth. That implies the implement has a computer and there is a way to connect that computer to the tractor's power and the tractor's computer. I was wondering how that connection was done.

Out by Interstate 64 was the dealer's facility. I could tell it was a big dealer because it had a receptionist. When I asked for permission to take pictures, she suggested that I check with Larry in the service manager office. He was behind glass doors and on the phone. I waited a while in the shop for him to get off the phone.
There was a tractor that was taken apart just in front of the rear wheels. But since I did not have permission, I did not take a picture of it. But I did take a picture of the seat of a chair at the bench next to me because of the history of logos. I took the picture from an angle to get the glare of the light off the logos.


Since I have plenty of pictures of John Deere equipment from other dealers, I gave up waiting and took just overview pictures from off their property.







Along IN-68:
The southeast corner along IN-68:
The north side from a parking lot across the side street:
From the parking lot of the business that is south of the dealer:
Note that most of the farmers in this area seem to be buying 12-row combine headers.

I find it interesting that the tractors with tracks are parked offsite rather than close to the dealers sales office because this is the first John Deere dealer I have seen that has them in stock. I would think he would want to showcase them.

No comments:

Post a Comment