Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hallett Tower: AA+PM vs. Toledo Terminal

1
(SatelliteStreetviewGoogle, StreetviewBing, 2009 Video of a CSX train with a Chessie caboose boarded up to make a "shoving platform." It sill has the Chessie Cat logo, whcih the graffiti vandal preserved. And you can vaguely see the even older C&O logo.)

(See also a later post.)

Howie Castellucio posted four pictures of Hallett Tower with the comment:
Hallett tower.On Toledos north side. The last remaining manned tower in Ohio.I get to say.....Yeah I worked there!!! For a moment in my now going on 28 yr railroad career.I wished I had taken pictures of the model board before someone came in and re did it.Before it was redone it still had the DT&I circle emblem on the model board from when the DT&I had control of the AA.
2

3

4
The reason the tower is still staffed is because it also houses the CTC control for Ann Arbor; it is not just an junction tower.

The tracks in front of the tower that we see in the first picture and the video are for AA+CN+NS/Ann Arbor. They would be on the left side of the above Street view links. The tracks coming in from the west are CSX+NS/Toledo Terminal. The tracks on the east side are CSX/PM+PRR to the north and CSX/TT to the south. (PRR using PM tracks must have been interesting because PM was bought by C&O.)

No comments:

Post a Comment