Sunday, July 14, 2019

Percy, IL: Streamline Mine

(Satellite)

Roger Kujawa posted
Vintage Photo Postcard Shovel Southwestern Coal Company Mine Steeleville / Percy, Illinois

The index is 872, and the years of production were 1936-83. [Directory]

Map

William Oldani commented on Roger's post
‘A’ Field South of Percy!

William Oldani commented on Roger's post
Pretty sure that’s the machine that became to 5560WX
Jerry Louis Karr William Oldani I am not sure where I read it but supposedly SWICC bought a 5560 in OH that became the base of the wheel.???
William Oldani Jerry Louis Karr I was thinking Ronnie Jenkle the operator of the wheel for years told me that that was the 5560 Shovel, the boom fell on it and they used the house and lower frame for the wheel!
Claude Husband Bill, I think Jerry is right I believe that it came from Ohio.

Dennis DeBruler commented on Roger's post
GM&O used to have a spur across the north side of the mine that also connected to Missouri Pacific.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...
Myron Dudenbostel The load yard tracks and lead to the MP is marked GM&O I don't believe that is correct. I believe the yard tracks belonged to coal co. and the lead off the MP belonged to the MP. Now just where the one started and the other stopped I do not know.
Dennis DeBruler Myron Dudenbostel I agree that the topo map is probably wrong. It would make sense that the mine would have tracks that used a MP spur to the MP mainline and a GM&O spur to the GM&O mainline.

Dennis DeBruler commented on Roger's post
This is from four 1:24,000 quadrangles from 1965 or 1968. I see that the "lakes" were quite a bit different back then.

Dennis DeBruler commented on Roger's post
The years of production were 1936-1983. I'm surprised they covered so much ground by this 1940 aerial.
https://clearinghouse.isgs.illinois.edu/.../00sm8A066.jpg







No comments:

Post a Comment