Thursday, June 23, 2016

Chicago, IL: U.S. Army Consolidating Station

Clarence Williams posted
Chicago Freight Depot
Brian Morris commented on the above posting
Boris Bleenchk commented on the above posting
Boris Bleenchk Pershing and Damen

Michael Fennessey I believe these are the Army Headquarters buildings where I attended apprenticeship classes in the early 1970's. The classrooms were in the former morgue, which had refrigerated rooms dating back to WWll days.

Clarence Williams The sign on the photo says, U.S. Army Consolidating Station. Here's the info I found on the photo. [Note it is a Jack Delano photo.]

I downloaded the .tiff version so that I could zoom in and read the sign at the top of the middle building. It reads "THE DIAMOND MATCH CO.".

Birds-Eye View

No comments:

Post a Comment