Thursday, March 2, 2017

Rochelle, IL: CB&Q Depot

(Satellite, the northwest quadrant of Main Street and the tracks.)

Steve OConnor shared James B. Woods's photo.
CB&Q RR depot back in 1975 prior to the arrival of the American Freedom Train.
I tried getting a link to Jame's posting, but I could not get a permanent looking link.

When I visited the gift shop at the railfan park, I asked the lady about the depots. She said the UP/C&NW depot still existed, but the CB&Q one was gone. And a comment on this posting indicated it had been torn down. But after studying various old aerial views and topo maps for where it was, I discovered that the building still exists, and it is rather well preserved. It is just not owned by BNSF. (Apr 2024 update: not any more.)

Update:
Steve OConnor shared

The C&NW depot is at the top and the CB&Q is at the bottom with Main Street along the right side.
Global Earth, Apr 2007


No comments:

Post a Comment