Sunday, August 7, 2022

Brunswick, MO: Wabash Depot and Liquid Cow Feed Plant

Depot: (Satellite)
Liquid Cow Feed: (Satellite)

I included the signal because the parent post of Drew's photo below contains a lot of photos of the traditional Wabash signals that were on the line. This street view shows the modern signals that replaced them when PTC (Positive Train Control) was implemented.
Street View

Drew Barteau posted
Wabash Depot In Brunswick, MO

As I generally do when looking at depots in small towns, I also look for the grain elevators in the town. To the east of the depot is a normal grain elevator, but it doesn't look like it gets rail service. 
Satellite

But further east I spotted an animal feed plant that had more tanks than silos. And there were a bunch of tank cars at the plant. I think the facility north of the tracks is a regular feed mill. But the North Star Feeds facility south of the tracks produces liquid feed supplement. They own those tank cars and they also own semi-truck tank trailers. They produce customized feed supplements and ship to distributors. For example, when I accessed their web page, the featured distributor was headquartered in South Dakota. I'm still trying to determine how the feedlots apply the supplement to their hay and/or grain when they feed the cows.
Satellite







No comments:

Post a Comment