Monday, April 22, 2024

New York, NY: Pennsy (F) Tower West of Sunnyside Yard

(Satellite, the first floor is extant.)

Rich Gunther posted three photos with the comment:
“F” Tower, Queens NY, August 1991.
F was the first tower east of the East River tubes. Very busy place, rumored to be the busiest single operator tower in the country at one point. Felt like it on daylight anyway.
Gary Hopson: BS Old Saybrook was busier. I should know, I helped Irish when we were waiting for a shot. And Burns, too.
Stephen Urban: Gary Hopsonsorry Gary, but nowhere on the shoreline was as busy as the New York towers. Tower 1 had it’s moments.
Peter James Paras: I see the demolished the upper floor a few years ago but left the basement? Any one know why? Cables?
Stephen McEvoy: Sometime around 1974 while I was a LIRR management employee, there was a short Conrail strike shutting down Penn Station and the NEC. I worked F for two shifts moving LIRR trains between Harold and LIC/HPA. No training. In fact, when I arrived, the previous operator had already disappeared.
1

2

3

Chris Ciesla posted via Dennis DeBruler

These comments are over my head, but others may understand them.
Comments on Rich's post

No comments:

Post a Comment