Friday, November 6, 2015

Peru, IL: CB&Q Depot Revisited

Gary Sams ->  Illinois Central Charter Line
When I first analyzed Peru with Sanborn Maps, I could not find the Burlington depot. But with the visual clues of this picture, I was able to find it on a 1939 aerial photo. I put a red rectangle around the building that I believe to be the depot. Today, it is just more vacant land.

This was on a CB&Q branch that used to run from Streator past Zearing.


1939 Aerial Photo from ILHAP

Gary Sams -> Illinois Central Charter Line

Roger Kujawa posted
Chicago Rock Island and Pacific depot at La Salle, Illinois. Just to the left of the steam loco was the Burlington Route depot on the branch to Streator. My brother and I would hang out here while mom went visiting relatives.
[I can't find the comment again, but it confirmed that the building to the left of the steam locomotive was the CB&Q depot.]

No comments:

Post a Comment