Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Peru, IN: C&O Coaling Tower

Mike Mohrmann -> >> Vintage Rails
Michael Moran commented: "Peru, In. C&O/ Chessie yard, all of which is gone today."

See C&O roundhouse for information on the C&O route through town.
Jason Jordan posted
Early to mid 1980's, looking south into the former C & O of Indiana Rwy. at Peru, IN. We are looking right at the coaling tower and sanding tower there. A visit to Peru, on could always be guaranteed to find engines in storage there. Like all of these GP - 9's by the coaling tower. A Bruce Emmons photo, out of the Jason Jordan collection.

Locomotive Jordan posted two images with the comments "I want to say that these were taken in 1996 of the former C&O coaling tower at Peru, IN. These were taken originally by my older cousin Marvin J. Good. I took pictures of the pictures, as I had no easy way to copy them. The first photo is looking east at the coaling tower. The second photo is looking back south of the coaling tower. In the second photo off to the right we can see some of the shop buildings."
Matthew Lappin: I'm thinking 1992-94 as it had started to grow up by 95. someplace I have photos I never scanned of both 95 and 96 and you had shoulder high weeds by then.
Dennis DeBruler: The photos are old enough that it still has its metal parts.
1


No comments:

Post a Comment