Friday, September 29, 2017

Streator, IL: Junction Tower: BNSF/Santa Fe vs. Aban/N&W/Wabash

(Satellite)
Kerry Bruck posted
ATSF Hudson steam locomotive #3461 crosses the Wabash diamonds in Streator 1947
John Burt Alan, this was the tower at the Lundy Street crossing.

In the aerial, it appears the tower is parallel to the Wabash tracks but north of the junction along the Santa Fe tracks. It appears the Hudson is running timecard east. Those are the largest code lines I have ever seen in a photo --- 8.5 crossbars.
1939 Aerial Photo from ILHAP
William Shapotkin posted three photos with the comment:
Sreator, IL ATSF/WABASH Xing. Here are three pix of the Tower/Xing of the ATSF/WABASH in Streator, IL. Now allow me to say that the interior photo was furnished me by a fellow on one of the facebook discussion groups and (sorry, it is my fault), did not write down his name so that proper credit can be given -- and for that I humbly apologize.
Richard Fiedler William I posted the interior photo to you but in fairness I believe I got it from the Streator IL site.

1

2

3

No comments:

Post a Comment