Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Armistead, LA: Red River Lignite Coal Mine and Marion 7820

(Satellite, my guess. It does have yellow catwalks like the photos below.)

Nick Stork posted three photos with the comment: "This 7820 will either find a new home or soon meet it's maker. Let's hope for the first option. Anyone interested in buying it?"
[Comments indicate it has a 50 cu yd bucket.]
Jay Wilson: Did it strip coal or dig in the pond ??
Clark Moseley: Jay Wilson I bought the machine for Red River Mining. Moved it from Pennsylvania, to Louisiana. It uncovered lignite for NACoal and its partner. In 2001 NACoal bought out Phillips Coal. AEP bought the mine over (I don't know exactly) 10 years ago.
Jay Wilson: Clark Moseley Was it an old C&K Coal machine ??
Harley D. Stone: Jay Wilson no two separate machines. This is a sister machine as it has the same boom and gantry configuration. I ran the c$k machine until 2010 when I went to work underground. She was parked up in 17 I think or 2016. Out of sizable reserves to mine.
1

2

3

Chris Miller commented on Nick's post
It’s great to see these pictures.I personally was an operator on this machine in Pennsylvania.It’s the 7820-5 machine from Midway Coal Company. It was in service for 15 years stripping coal.It was an outstanding dragline for us.It was owned by the Aloe family in Southwest Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment