Saturday, August 5, 2023

Dwight, IL: Consolidated Grain & Barge (CGB) Grain Elevator

(Satellite)

Some sources specify the town of Gardner instead of Dwight. I do wonder why they didn't build it west of Dwight so that it would be closer to an I-55 exit.

Joseph Tuch Santucci posted
Loading a grain train at an elevator near Dwight, IL in July 2019. The train loads in motion with it moving about one half of one mph.

Dennis DeBruler commented on Joseph's post
Along the former NYC Kankakee Belt. This was still a cornfield in Aug 2010.
Google Earth, Nov 2011

Dennis DeBruler commented on Joseph's post
They added the long building between May 2015 and Apr 2017.
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.0990081,-88.3453593,226m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

The elevator did not have a company name label on Google Maps, so I used street view to find a Consolidated Grain & Barge sign. While I was at it, I noticed that there was a train on the loop.
Street View, Dec 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment