Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Buffalo, NY: American Grain Elevator

(Satellite, the elevator with the two marine legs.)

I'm guessing this elevator is now abandoned.

Jerry M Malloy posted
Willowglen unloading at the American Elevator, Buffalo NY. 1980s? Don't recall when it was taken.
Fred Bultman: 1982

This view from the Ohio Street Bridge confirms that I have identified the correct marine legs in the satellite image.
Street View, May 2023

I was confused because I did not see the marine legs in this view.
Mohammad Raja, May 2023

And I didn't see them in this Sep 2018 view either. I finally determined that they are the brownish things to the right of the cement silos in these views.
Street View, Sep 2018

In my hunt for the marine legs, I had fired up Google Earth to date the satellite image on Google Maps. It is Jun 2022, and it is the most recent image.
Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment