Thursday, May 2, 2024

Delaware, OH: Big Four Depot and Freight House

(Satellite)

Given the Freight Depot signs, I added Freight House to the title. In another photo, I saw that the far blue sign reads TICKET OFFICE.
Street View, Sep 2021

Raymond Storey posted
DELAWARE OHIO
James Kehn: There are plans to restore this depot from what I have heard.

Street View, Aug 2012
 
Trainmaster1072, Oct 2018

I wonder what the story is about the passenger car. And it is interesting that they built a tower for the cell phone antennas rather than add them with the other antennas that are on top of the headhouse. The white tanks beyond the grain bin were probably for fertilizer. Since Google Maps labels this Former Delaware Farmer's Exchange, it is probably abandoned.
Street View, Sep 2021

Should I label these notes rrBN to reflect the Frisco origins of the passenger car?
Columbus Drone Services, Aug 2023

1924 Delaware Quad @ 24,000 via Dennis DeBruler


No comments:

Post a Comment