Friday, October 6, 2017

Fort Wayne, IN: Wayne Oil Tank & Pump Company

(Satellite)
The gasolene pump was first manufactured in Fort Wayne, IN. It went on to become the "Gas Pump Capital of the World." Wayne Pump was one of the manufactures that made gas pumps.

Great Memories and History of Fort Wayne, Indiana posted
Bob Briones This view is looking north . Tecumseh Bridge is top left. House to the right of it is still there (above word Wayne)David N. Bryan Dad worked there in the 60's, and they were bought by Dresser who after a few years decided to close up and move assists to Dallas TX. I was hoping dad would take a job out there but he didn't. Which worked out sort of.Joseph P. Mackela Those buildings were state of the art then.
Satellite

Travis Bodigon commented on the above posting
June of 16, 2017
Update:

Shawn Van Pelt posted
Wayne Pump
Greg Michell posted two photos with the comment: "While traveling in De Pere, Wisconsin, I found a restored gas station with Wayne Pumps."

1

2
Ron Havert commented on Greg's post
1941 wayne gas pump I restored in 2010

1997 Wisconsin Central     1998 Canadian Pacific

 It has seen better days #2

After the Herbert Street Fire

I had my sump pumps replaced recently, and I noticed the new battery for the backup pump was labeled Wayne. It cost over $200, but it is big and the box claims it can pump for eight continuous hours. Since my pump doesn't cycle very often, it should last me for days if need be.




No comments:

Post a Comment