Monday, July 20, 2026

Greenview, IL: GM&O Depot

(Satellite)

DaVe Durham posted seven photos with the comment: "Chicago & Alton Depot, Green view, Illinois."
Richard Fiedler: Used to be a craft store or something like that years ago. Looks vacant now.
1

2

The depot got moved. I found it because of the school in the background of this photo.
3

4

5

6

7

The grain elevator is big considering ICG pulled rail service a long time ago.
Street View

Street View, Jul 2013

And chemicals are an important part of modern agriculture. Liquids on the left, gas in the middle and applicators in the right background.
Street View, Jun 2023

This is the first time I've seen a town in Illinois that has an AGCO dealer but doesn't have a John Deere or CaseIH dealer.
Street View, Apr 2025

Street View, Apr 2025

Dennis DeBruler commented on DaVe's post
I wonder when the depot was moved, https://maps.app.goo.gl/v2gqCa4uaRUJa9PC9. 1949/49 Mason City Quad @ 62,500
Thomas Scoville: Dennis DeBruler, it was moved in 1984.

No comments:

Post a Comment