Saturday, July 1, 2023

San Antonio, TX: Amtrak and Former SP Stations

SP Depot: (Satellite, 2000 photos)
Amshack: (Satellite)
Steam Locomotive: (Satellite)

William A. Shaffer posted
Amtrak Depot & Sunset Station. (5.11.00)
San Antonio, TX
(Photo by William A.Shaffer).
John Mier: Sad they are no longer using Sunset Station. Beautiful building!
[I think it is good that Amtrak moved out so that the building can produce revenue. It looks like they use the revenue stream to pay for preservation and maintenance.]

210skays, Jul 2019

What are the odds that both William's photo above and this street view would catch a train at the station?
Street View, Apr 2022

When I saw that the Amshack was an existing building, I wondered if it was the "colored waiting room." But looking at the filled in doors in the photo, I think it might have been the freight house.
Digital Zoom of William's photo

I wonder what that plaque on the right says.
Street View, Apr 2022

On the right I see that the Amtrak train left while the street view car driver was driving around the area.
Street View, Apr 2022





No comments:

Post a Comment