![]() |
| Darren Reynolds posted A Pennsy Freight passes by Abandoned "Fassett" tower Photo by: Unknown Date: Unknown Drew Guild: On the Elmira Branch. Dennis DeBruler: The date of the photo is 1957: https://jbritton.pennsyrr.com/index.php/tpm/blogs/latest-articles-blog/488-on-location-8269-fassett |
![]() |
| Larry Candilas commented on Darren's post Unknown date but its in operation here - from the internet |
![]() |
| Larry Candilas commented on Darren's post track chart 1964 |
![]() |
| OldDepotGallery "By the fall of 1957, all steam engines were retired on the Pennsy's Elmira Branch as 126-years of steam powered railroading ended on the Pennsylvania Railroad. "NOW AVAILABLE - a limited number of 13" x 19" Giclée prints signed and numbered by the artist (limited to 250 copies) The prints are reproduced on 51-lb. heavy weight, Epson paper and printed with archival inks. Price........$50.00 plus $7.00 Shipping & Handling (US only contact us for S&H cost to locations outside of the United States)" |
The photos show that it controlled the siding that was north of town. Today's Sheddens Way Road reuses part of the Pennsy RoW. The aerial photo below shows that it was at the south end of the siding just north of where PA-14 crossed the tracks.
![]() |
| 1954/56 Gillett Quad @ 24,000 |
PA-14 was moved between this 1952 aerial and the above 1954 topo map. The map is consistent with today's alignment of the road. There are two rectangles parallel to the tracks. The topo map indicates that the tower was the northern rectangle, which was behind this building.
![]() |
| Apr 17, 1952 @ 31,000; AR1UN0000020188 |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment