Sunday, August 16, 2026

Campbell, MN: Wood Grain Elevator is Rail Served by BNSF

(Satellite)

Street View, Aug 2024

Wesley Peter posted five photos with the comment:
Grain Elevator Photography Trip 2, North Dakota/South Dakota/Minnesota.
Campbell, Wilkin County, MN.
Kent-Doran Elevator. False-front combination headhouse/annex built in 1964-1965. Bushel capacity unknown. Annex built in unknown year. 45,000-bushel capacity.
Photographed on 7/20/2025.
Photos courtesy of Wesley Peters.
1

2

3

4

5

The railroad was Great Northern, and BNSF still owns it.
1951/53 Campbell Quad @ 62,500

The elevator has a fall protector. Although I think this is the first time that I haven't seen one painted yellow. Also, there is a lot of siding capacity in this town, so I think BNSF is providing rail service.
Street View, Aug 2024

In fact, I caught a unit train at the elevator.
Street View, Jul 2024

While checking out the train, I discovered that this elevator has been torn down.
Street View, Sep 2013

Street View, Sep 2013

This is the same view about a decade later. Not only are the foundations gone, they dug out a drainage ditch?
Street View, Jul 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment