Thursday, September 10, 2026

Hillsboro, TX: Gulf Gas Station and Roadside America Museum & Betty Boop

Station: (Satellite)
Museum: (Satellite)

Street View, Aug 2023

The pump in the middle has a flow indicator at the top, so it is older than the other two. And note the bottle Coke dispenser on the right.
Street View, Aug 2023

The town also has an interesting courthouse. The pumps were restored since Mar 2023.
Street View, Mar 2023

David Goines posted
Hillsboro, Texas

Roadside America Museum


I found this while looking for the gas station.

The building was a Ford Dealership. [RoadsideAmericaTX]
Street View, Jun 2026

Jovy Nave, Apr 2026

I wonder why Joey didn't include Betty Boop in the above photo.
Larry Anderson, May 2026

The above photo is the first time I've seen an old version of Betty Boop clad in pants. This version is more typical.
Chris Ruggiero posted
Here I am with one of the most iconic cartoon characters of all time, Betty Boop. Who’s your favorite cartoon character?

SmithsonianMag
Timeline of Betty Boop's evolution, Fleischer Studios

Larry Anderson, May 2026

I remember the chipmunk with the "A" is Alvin.
Ben Miller, Jan 2026

And the museum has some American Giants and classic cars.
Ben Miller, Jan 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment