Sunday, June 11, 2017

La Porte, IN: Hesston Museum: A Volunteer's Sunday

I visited the Hesston Steam Museum (satellite (195 photos)) during Steam Days in 2014. I got so many photos and videos that I can't figure out how to organize the material. In the meantime, I came across a posting that is worth noting.

Tim R Hansford posted six photos with the comment:
How did you spend your Sunday?
I ran a 1951 Manitowoc 3000 to pull the boiler on a 1941 Browning 26 ton Steam Locomotive​ Crane.....
[They are rebuilding the boiler.]

1

2

3

4
A video of getting the 3000 into position to make the lift.

Tim running the steam crane that he is helping to rebuild with the Manitowoc 3000. Heston is like Illinois Railway Museum in that they use their museum pieces to help repair their museum pieces. (Operational equipment does need to be operated to keep it operational.)




No comments:

Post a Comment