Monday, September 28, 2020

Muncie, IN: Progress Rail Services/EMD Plant

(Satellite)


I remember researching EMD in Muncie, but I must not have written anything. I do remember that they bought a plant that was used to make transformers. And that the loop of track is for testing locomotives.

I had saved a video in my general EMD notes, about the first passenger locomotives they are making in a long time. Some of the footage was taken inside the plant so the backgrounds are interesting. But I see this link is now broken. Bummer!

"Progress Rail Services Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caterpillar, bought EMD August 2, 2010, as a wholly-owned subsidiary. A new assembly plant was opened in Muncie, Indiana, in 2011, and the London plant was closed in 2012 because of union labor issues." [DeBruler]

Brian Montgomery posted nine photos with the comment: "Progress Rail Locomotive Works in Muncie, IN"
1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9




No comments:

Post a Comment