Friday, June 9, 2023

Danville, IL: Pande Tower: VVRC/NYC/P&E vs. Aban/Milw/TH&SE

(Satellite)

VVRC = Vandalia Railroad
P&E = Peoria & Eastern
TH&SE = Terre Haute & Southeastern

Eric Berg posted
Since this is my favorite page on Facebook and my favorite subdivision of my favorite railroad, here is one of my favorite shots. Pande tower, circa 1915. Named after the railroad it crossed, the "P and E". View looks northward. By 1936, the tower was gone and the interlocking was controlled from Walz tower, about 1/4 mile south of here. This is the only shot of Pande tower I have ever seen. No photographer known and possibly from the C&EIHS, Danville Chapter archives.
[The comments also talk about the Starr Tower.]
Richard Fiedler shared
Tim Shanahan shared

1951 Danville NE Quad @ 24,000


No comments:

Post a Comment