Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Oakland, IL: Preserved/PACY/Pennsy/Vandalia/Terre Haute & Peoria Depot

(Satellite, the Pennsy used to go east/west through town)

Street View

I learned of this depot from comments on a still standing bridge west of here. The interior shots were taken through the windows.

Roger Kujawa posted sixteen photos with the comment: "Oakland, Illinois Depot. Pennsylvania Railroad line from Peoria to Terre Haute, Indiana. 11-7-20."
1

2

3

4
John Rose: The CFL in the light fixture appears to be the only concession to modern life.

5
[Another museum with a typewriter. When I needed a photo of a typewriter, I discovered it was hard to find one. I had already gotten rid of my manual and electric.]

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13
Kevin Barwiler: Speeder shed?
Roger Kujawa: That and probably tools?
Richard Fiedler: I’ve seen a photo of a similar tool/speeder shed in Morton that lasted into three 60’s. If I find it I will post it. [see below for Richard's photo]

14

15

16

Richard Fiedler commented on photo 13
Morton speeder and tool shed. Note the weathered Morton sign.

safe_image for 11:46 video

No comments:

Post a Comment