Monday, April 5, 2021

Bradfordton, IL: Grain Elevator Fire

(Satellite)

This is the view we see in Terry's photos below.
Street View

Terry Farmer Photography posted four photos with the comment: "Bradfordton Elevator"
Jim Davis: I mourn the loss of this facility. It was from another age. I loved the feed store with its strange smells and a wood floor. I bought straw there and loaded on the honor system. I would have cut my arm off before taking more than I had paid for from these good people. I would stop in and they would weigh my truck and trailer-no charge. One day they drove their forklift out to help me move a load off a freight truck to my trailer-no charge. We will never replace what we lost at Bradfordton today.
Mary Lou Krueger: Oh so many memories from my childhood there...this part of the elevator was built in 1903.
Kyle Waldeck shared
1

2

3

4

Street View

Street View

Rodney has posted several more "after" photos on Google Maps.
Rodney Yoswig, Apr 2021

safe_image for Grain elevator fully engulfed in flames
Bradfordton Elevator on the old B&O line west of Springfield is on fire.

Springfield Firefighters Local 37 via newschannel20



No comments:

Post a Comment