Friday, February 17, 2023

Dearborn, MI: CSX/C&O Rougemere Yard and Car Shop

Yard: (Satellite)
Shop: (3D Satellite)

This yard is next to the famous Ford Rouge Plant. I think the cars with blue along the top are carrying truck frames. And note the car carrying steel coils.
Street View, Sep 2021

I think the blast furnace in the background of this view of the car shop is still operating. And that makes it one of the few that are left in the USA.
Street View, Jul 2016

Larry W Harrel posted two photos with the comment: "I took these at Rouge Mere Yard Dearborn Mi. January 1989"
Dennis DeBruler shared
1

2
[I wasn't optimistic, but I looked for the tower and the gasometer on a satellite image. As expected, I could not find them. In fact, I'm surprised the gasometer made it until 1989.]

It was easy to find this yard and the correct spelling thanks to RailfanGuides. This is one of the few CSX yards that I have seen that still has all of its classification tracks.
1952 Dearborn Quad @ 24,000

Craig Hensley Photography posted
Scenes from the Railroad
On a beautiful Monday morning with warmer than average weather and a nice sunrise I snapped this shot of CSX's Rougemere yard from the east end looking West.
Dearborn, MI - February 2023 

No comments:

Post a Comment