Friday, September 8, 2023

Minneapolis, MN: 8th Street Coach Yard

(Satellite)

I don't normally save "sheet metal" photos, but I saved this one because it was a Baldwin locomotive. I'm glad I did because a comment taught me about this 8th Street Coach Yard.

Sam Carlson posted
There was yet another Baldwin S12 at Pigs Eye., Seemed like everywhere we went there was another Baldwin S12!
[Some comments talks about the details of this loco.]
Colin 't Hart: This is not Pig’s Eye, St Paul but rather at the former 8th St coach yard in Minneapolis.

Dennis DeBruler commented on Colin 't Hart's comment
And I learned that what is 18th Street west of the yard is 8th Street east of the yard.
1952 Minneapolis South and 1951 St Paul West Quads @ 24,000
 https://www.google.com/.../data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5...


No comments:

Post a Comment