Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Gibbon, MN: Wood Grain Elevator

(Satellite)

Street View, Oct 2023

Wesley Peters posted
Grain Elevator Photography Trip 2, North Dakota/South Dakota/Minnesota.
Gibbon, Sibley County, MN.
Early history unknown.
Photographed on 7/20/2025.
Photo courtesy of Wesley Peters.
Tom Dueringer: I managed the feed mill there from 2013-2016

Given Tom's comment, I looked for the feed mill. It would be the brown building behind the wood elevator. 
Street View, Oct 2023

No Street View driver went down that road, but I can zoom in. In addition to a feed truck, we see the many downspouts to the bins that would hold supplements.
Street View, Oct 2023

The railroad was C&NW.
1964/65 Gibbon Quad @ 24,000

UP still owns this former-C&NW route. The top street view and Wesley's photo shows that there is a conveyor over a Class I railroad. That is rare. And the hopper car in Wesley's photo shows that UP is providing rail service. That is also rare, especially since there is no fall protector.
rail.guide

No comments:

Post a Comment