Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Sparrows Point, MD: Casting a Roll for the Bethlehem Mill

This roll was cast for the Bethlehem Sparrows Point Steel Mill. I'm documenting it in separate notes because it is fascinating and because Google can no longer handle large posts and the Sparrows Point notes are getting big.

Patrick Tuttle posted 20 photos with the comment: "I hope that I am not 'pushing my luck' by posting something that has twenty pictures. I am also hoping that the majority of members enjoy it. I have posted bits and pieces of the last Sparrows Point roll that we ever cast (May 1993). Here are the pictures of the whole process. They are in sequential order. Enjoy. You might consider this to be insane, but I REALLY enjoyed doing this. On a personal note, the pictures and the video are two times of my most treasured possessions."
1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13
David Wilson: I can feel the heat hooking those chains up.
BLISTERINGLY HOT!!!!

14

15

16

17

18

19

20


No comments:

Post a Comment