Thursday, January 4, 2018

New Carlise, IN: I/N Tek and I/N Kote

(Web PageSatellite)

Adam Powell commented on Arturo's picture of NS CP 502: "That is a lot of steel headed to New Carlise, IN."

I asked: "Who makes what in New Carlise?"

Arturo answered: "There's a sheet steel processing plant in New Carlisle called I/N Tek, I/N Kote. The train in the pic is a shuttle that runs between ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor and New Carlisle."

Dale Burkhalter added: "Had friends on the I/N Tek job for years. It was a regular 7 days a week job."

Arturo responded: "I don't think I can even count how many times I've shot that train over the years. Conrail SD40Rs 6971/6972 were the regular power when I first started shooting in the 1990s, mean to do models of those two one of these days!"


WNDU
IN Tek and IN Kote in New Carlisle specialize in steel finishing parts that go into millions of new cars and household appliances.
"It cost about $1.2 billion to build the I/N Tek & I/N Kote complex, and the owners have invested another $212 million in the facility over the years to ensure it’s competitive....And more than 500 people are working at I/N Tek & I/N Kote....Steel coils are delivered daily to the New Carlisle property on trains from Indiana Harbor and Burns Harbor. Those coils are than processed further through cold-rolling at I/N Tek and coating at I/N Kote. About 2 million tons of steel are processed there annually." [SouthBendTribune]

No comments:

Post a Comment