Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Union Mills, IN: Co-Alliance Grain Elevator

(Satellite)

Street View, Aug 2018

Alan Gaines posted
CKIN GP38-2 5093 Union Mills IN 2/6/2023

Dennis DeBruler commented on Alan's post
The new ties along the tracks indicate that the Chesapeake & Indiana Railroad is plowing money back into the railroad.
 https://maps.app.goo.gl/UEvqsMNec8Kpooeu9

I can't decide if the extra buildings and overhead conveyor is a feed mill or fertilizer supply or both.
Photo, Aug 2018, cropped

I see that sometimes they used a ground pile. It looks like CKIN is willing to take a unit train from CSX and help the elevator load it. That makes sense since CKIN exists mainly to ship grain and supply fertilizer.
Satellite

I was confused by Union Mills because I thought the northern end of the CKIN was Wellsboro.
via Dennis DeBruler

I learned that Wellsboro is part of Union Mills.
Satellite


No comments:

Post a Comment