Friday, September 24, 2021

Iowa Falls, IA: Cargill Biodiesel Plant and Switcher

(Satellite)  I wonder what they do at the Cargill Ops Training Center.

The railroad next to it along the north side was the Rock Island. It is now owned by UP.

"Soybean meal & oil & biodiesel production" [industrynet] Biodiesel caught my eye. (It really frustrates me that Cargill has bought a lot of facilities and then the web site refuses to talk about its facilities.) Evidently farmers can directly deliver soybeans to this plant because they do provide hours of operation and pricing info. [cargillag]

Roger Kujawa posted two photos with the comment: "The EMD switcher works the Cargill plant on the west side of Iowa Falls, Iowa."
Lawrence Smoak: Former B&O SW900
Dennis DeBruler
This is one of two plants that Cargill has for making biodiesel. (The other is in Kansas City, MO.)
Because I normally include a URL in my comments the indicate the source of my information, Facebook thinks I'm a spammer. (They can't imagine someone would acknowledge their sources!) So I will see if this comment gets deleted as a violation of Community Standards.
1

2

Dennis DeBruler commented on Roger's post
Sometimes it can hide real well.
42°30'49.1"N 93°15'55.8"W

It looks like they store it out in public view where Roger found it.
Street View

No comments:

Post a Comment