Friday, November 5, 2021

Minto, ND: Old and "New" Wood Grain Elevators

(Satellite)

Less than a week ago I learned that wood elevators were built into the 1980s. The elevator on the left looks like one of those "new" wood grain elevators.
One of four photos posted by Brian Ziegler
Minto ND. 6/17/06
Dennis DeBruler
I learned from the comments on Wesley's Marengo, IA, post that the far wood structure was probably built in the 1970s or 80s.
Dennis DeBruler: The BN green hoppers caught my eye. Then it occurred to me that a small cut of hoppers have been delivered to a grain elevator. That made me wonder if this town was served by BNSF or a shortline. According to a USGS map, the railroad is BNSF. I'm used to a Class I railroad serving an elevator only with unit trains that can quickly be loaded.

Dennis DeBruler commented on Brian's post
Between your Jun 2006 photo and this Aug 2012 street view, they have added some big bins and an outside leg.

Street View, Aug 2012

Mark Taylor posted

No comments:

Post a Comment