I you are here because of "Harrisburg, PA: Reading Rutherford Railyard, Coaling Tower and Roundhouse," then you need to go
there.
Colin Mcmeans
posted five images with the comment: "Hello folks! I’m searching for any photographs of the MK&T Roundhouse/Turntable and yard at Mokane Missouri. It was originally a stop on the MK&E Line, before being taken over by the MK&T. It became a division point and headquarters between St Louis and Sedalia MO and had an expansive yard and facilities for such a small town. The first roundhouse (wood construction) was built in 1893 along with the turntable. Sometime between 1912-1918 the Roundhouse was allegedly rebuilt (Brick 7 stall?) and lengthened for new locomotives along with a longer turntable. Ultimately The MK&T decided to relocate their Headquarters and Division Point to Franklin/New Franklin MO sometime between 1923-1925 taking the facilities with them. Any help, photos or info is greatly appreciated! (I have attached what few pictures/maps I could source.) Thanks!"
No comments:
Post a Comment