Sunday, September 8, 2024

Ashtabula, OH: 1953-2015 440mw First Energy Power Plant

(Satellite)

Christian Anderson posted two photos with the comment: "This old plant is still my favorite till this day. Good ole Ashtabula generating station. If I had the funds I would open it back up and refurbish this facility. Yeah I know what. Stupid idea cause o it’s going to cost to much money but it would be worth it cause I keep it going produce power for people that appreciate coal ."
Darrell Hauver: Where is this located?
Dennis DeBruler: Darrell Hauver Found it : https://maps.app.goo.gl/aFjtWPuAGYRgWu1N6. It looks like it got its coal from rail instead of freighter.
Mark Reichert: Being demo’d as we speak
1

2

I wonder why they built such small units in 1972.
gem

ericholubow, 1 of several photos

ericholubow, 1 of several photos
lll
Frontier
the 127-acre industrial site is for sale.
"The facility was originally built by Union Carbide as a captive generating facility for a nearby plant." It was built in the 1930s.

ArchitecturalAfterlife needs a subscription.

It was served by an industrial spur off the NYC mainline.
1960/61 Ashtabula North @ 24,000

No comments:

Post a Comment