Monday, January 1, 2024

Chicago, IL: 1934 Rock-Ola Manufacturing (Juke Boxes)

(Satellite)

The comany was founded in 1927. The company moved to this location in 1934. It has 600,000 sq.ft. [JukeBoxHistory_factory]
They are still being built. [rock-ola.com] But I wonder where you would buy the records for them.

Gary Sobie posted
Chicago’s history in manufacturing 
Established in 1927 / founder David C. Rockola 
Rock-Ola Manufacturing Corp., 
800 North Kedzie Avenue, Chicago, IL [Humboldt Park]
Carlton Marcyan: During WWII Rock-Ola manufactured M-1 Carbine rifles.
Edward Tenner: I wrote about Chicago's industrial heritage here: http://www.designerbuildermagazine.org/designerbuilder...
Jeff Pabst: My grandfather worked there for years. He stayed with the company after they relocated to Addison Il. and eventually retired. I wish I had some of the jukeboxes he built.
[JukeBoxHistory_factory has 19 more photos of the factory.]

I included some of the other industries in the area.
1938 Aerial Photo via ILHAP

A few days after I posted these notes, the following sponsered post appeared in my Facebook feed. It is scary how much Google looks at my information. And evidently Google shares their "spy information" with Facebook. I wonder if Facebook shares with Google.

Gock-Ola Jukeboxes posted three "Shop now" photos with the comment: "Dive into nostalgia with Rock-Ola's Bubbler Jukebox! 🎡 Immerse yourself in the timeless charm of the 50s with vibrant colours, crystal-clear sound, and 21st-century Bluetooth tech. Experience retro in its truest form. πŸ•ΊπŸŽΆ"
1

2

1







No comments:

Post a Comment