Monday, January 22, 2024

LaGrange, IL: 1926 Metra/CB&Q LaGrange Road, 1888 Stone Avenue and LaVergne Depots

LaGrange Road: (Satellite)
Stone Avenue: (Satellite)

LaGrange Road


safe_image for Terry Spirek Flickr

Paul Bourjaily posted
La Grange Road CBQ station.  The station was built in 1926.  It appears this photo was taken around that time.  Photographer unknown.  Thanks to Brian John Mayer‎ from the La Grange group for posting this rarity!
Richard Fiedler shared
Thomas Whitt shared

Andy Zukowski posted
CB&Q 5th Avenue Railroad Station in LaGrange, Illinois. 1911
Rainier Magro: I remember the spire in the 60"s.

Richard Harck posted four photos with the comment: "Early photos from La grange. Train wreck between La grange and western springs. View looking east between the 2 stations.train station at La Grange road. Passengers boarding at stone heading to chicago."
Richard Fiedler shared
1, rotated

2

3

This is at Stone Avenue, which is documented below.
4

Street View, Oct 2019

Street View, Oct 2022

20220126 0071

Stone Avenue


I.e Xam posted
La Grange IL Stone Ave-CB&Q,1901

Street View, Sep 2018

20220126 0067



Steven J. Brown posted
Yesterday [Mar 1, 2026]:
Amtrak California Zephyr #5 is passing the CB&Q Stone Avenue depot (built 1901) in La Grange, Illinois - March 1, 2026.
Dennis DeBruler: Welcome to the Racetrack. On Mar 2, an eastbound Amtrak train was creeping through Downers Grove. I wonder what was wrong. The speed limit for passenger trains is 70mph.
Steven J. Brown shared

Andy Zukowski posted
Burlington Northern Railroad Station in LaGrange, Illinois. 1977
Christoph Klump: built in 1888 !

LaVergne Depot


I can't find my photos for this depot. Bummer! Maybe I just rail fanned because there isn't much of a depot here.
Street View, Apr 2024



No comments:

Post a Comment